Monday, May 28, 2007

Converted PostNuke website to WordPress

My main website, GilaChess.com was running on PostNuke for 6 years already!!



However, after using WordPress for quite some time I find that WordPress can actually act as a better Content Management System (CMS).



So last Sunday night when I recovered from my fever, I just installed WordPress over GilaChess.com to see how it looked with my old GilaChess content. It looks great!! Also another bonus is that I get to keep my old content without overwriting the old CMS files. So I didn't have to go thru the headache of converting all the old content to WordPress. Instead I just link to the old content and will probably call the link "archive".





Another reason is WordPress is better at bringing in the search engines. I want Google to know GilaChess.com exists!



I'm confident with WordPress my site will rise in traffic rankings from Google, Alexa and Technorati in no time.

No comments: