Monday, January 10, 2005

GilaChess.com is up!!


It took 3 days but I've finally finished writing some customised script for my new Chess website.

I was a PHP programmer but nowadays my full time job is doing Java. So I was a little rusty writing PHP again.

My website uses PostNuke which is CMS (Content Management System) which makes it easy to maintain a website without any knowledge of HTML. My old chess website started in 2001 and slowly grew to have a loyal following of chess enthusiast from Malaysia.

Check out this link. which is a page that has chess diagrams - all without any technical graphics knowledge or even HTML.

Here a video on how "easy" it is to post a Chess Diagram.

BTW this website not a commercial website - it is fully paid by donations from Malaysians chess enthusiasts (aka GilaChess!)

No comments: